Tuesday 2 October 2012

Developing the Hand Drawn Approach

**DISCLAIMER**
For some reason my camera wasn't focusing in on the close up shots and as a result, some of these visual tests are very pixalated and can't even be read - balls.


Into & Outro Stop Motion


Intro with Diary and Stylized Font


Intro with Diary with Basic Font


Intro Paper Cut-Outs


Outro with Dairy and decorative Font

Outro with Diary with simple/rough Fonts

** This says "For more information, or to join in, click on the links below**


Thoughts
Well, it didn't help that my camera was playing up, but none of these ideas are done with huge "swishness" or finess. It's supposed to look lo-fi, it's supposed to look like the person making the video diary has made them themselves!!! In fact, I'm certain that even speeding the footage up is probably too advanced for some people!

The only ones that I could say I would take further are the cut-out paper rose one, making "Bards Talk" in cut out paper as well. The other being the writing in the diary. This wasn't executed well in the vid tests but the theory/conception behind it is that the character I play as Juliet is talking about something that is "confidential", she is confession her love and devotion as it were therefore, and where better to write something than in a diary. 

I have this idea that I will ask each person who has submitted a video for me, to make their own intros. It should be possible, especially if kept in this simple manner. They would all be different, done in a different manner, like the videos themselves. For example, I would get Macbeth to type in on an email, like he is at work or something. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment