Thursday 1 November 2012

Change of Font

Here are some examples of a new SANS-SERIF font that I used to try and create a simpler, more modern approach to the channel. I used Myriad Pro, which is similar to one of the other fonts I looked at when first designing logos. It has clean, thin/slim lines that should give off a modern vibe with no pre established semiotics of Shakespeare or oldy-worldy stuff.

My favourite is the last one. I like how its taken to the edge so that it has that cut-out space into the background image/colour, as that adds a point of interest. It is central so is more legible, and the difference in font size for both words is another point of interest but still remains clear. The burgundy colour could be considered a bit old fashioned, but there isn't many standard choices for the YouTube templates and I like it. I think the type looks better as a light colour, or cut out, and other dark colours would look as similar.





No comments:

Post a Comment