Thursday 23 August 2012

Harking on an Old Idea

Out of desperation I tried thinking back to one of my old concepts that I originally left with at the end of Unit Two. This was the simple idea of using Shakespeare's original text projected around real people to show the relationships between the language and current human relationships, and that it can be made relevant now.

I tried to go out amongst the public (as it were) and secretly film groups of people, in the hope that I could later add text as if it was projection around those people. (It was daylight so it obviously isn't a realistic representation of how projection would work). I added text using After Effects, though it doesn't represent the movement and look of projected text. I think it was just to try and give an idea of how it could look with different scenarios, different characters from Shakespeare, from clips of real people.

1 - ANTHONY

2 - JULIET & NURSE

3 - HERO & URSULA

4 - QUINCE & BOTTOM

5 - HAMLET


6 - MERCUTIO & BENVOLIO

No comments:

Post a Comment