Wednesday 4 July 2012

Pepper's Ghost

As previously mentioned, this was an illusionary technique made famous by John Pepper in the late 1800's, who updated the method from Henry Dircks, which was originally too costly to produce. Pepper found a way to easy incorporate it into theatres and it was first shown during a scene of Charles Dicken's "The Haunted Man."

Details of how the technique can be done, and examples of it, can conveniently be found HERE from Robert Schuch's personal website, with his personal project of a mini haunted house.



This can be re-created quite easily at quite a low budget. It could be interesting to try re-creating my own version, however I don't believe this method will produce the style of images I had in my mind for my final outcome, to tell the right message for my final purpose and context.

No comments:

Post a Comment