Tuesday 3 July 2012

TUTORIAL 04.07.12

Main questions to answer:

- Who is my audience?
- What do I want to say?
- What is the genre? (Is it about Shakespeare in general, or play specific with specific location?)
- What will the output location?
- What will I use to create the output and speak my message?
- What is the problem I am looking to solve?


Some ideas:

- Could be aimed at school children or young people afraid of Shakespeare in some way.
- Could create a series of bite-size shorts to introduce Shakespeare to this audience in an engaging way.
- Use some lines from various Shakespeare plays (to show the 'essence' of Shakespeare) and put them in some sort of narrative or content.
- Could have elements to it that rely on interaction from the audience.
- Don't get bogged down with the tech side of it.


When contacting theatres:

- Ask them questions about how they engage a young audience, and what technologies they use.
- Get the RSC on board with my approach and ask if I can get their feedback at relevant points.


Next step:

- I've done enough research. I need to start creating my final practical approach.
- I need to WRITE THE BRIEF, then answer this brief as a script, with storyboards and visuals etc. THEN I can go back to research if needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment