Thursday 13 September 2012

Content of Projection Tests (David's idea)

I decided to go through the motions and do what David suggested first, trying out different ways of projecting different content, just to see if I could create something that looked promising when thinking about still using projection first.

I will start designing the key aspect of 'branding' after these tests, following Penny's direction as decided in "My Response" to the tutorials.

Outdoor Diary

This is just simply using the diary video and projecting it anywhere outdoors. This is like a 'window to people's lives' for the audience.

Outdoor Standing Projection

This is what I originally had in my head, with the actors presenting their monologue standing, projecting it more to directly to the audience. This could be projected anywhere outdoors.

Indoor Standing Projection

This is using a filming of the actor in an outside senario which is then projected in indoor areas. There is not really meant to be any correlation with using outdoor with indoor, other than outdoor scenery could add more narrative to what the actor is saying, and will be more visible indoors.

Cafe Diary Projection

This is similar to the test I created before where I was just lying in my bedroom, but I would realistically want this idea to be about using the actors' monologues and projected them on the actor in real life scenarios, staged but still with a genuine audience.


THOUGHTS
If I had to pick a favourite content style, it would be the Indoor Standing projection, as the outside element makes the visuals more interesting and people have more prerogative to stand and watch when something is indoors. OR it would be the Cafe Diary projection, as it looks more "finished" as a filmic piece though not as something meant for the public there with the projection, but on a different platform online or as TV or something.

I still think this is like thinking a step ahead, and that I need to figure out the design of something to link these modern monologues together next.

No comments:

Post a Comment