Saturday 15 September 2012

Designing the Channel Logo

I chose the name "Bards Talk" because it is simple, short, references Shakespeare as 'the bard', but isn't immediately obvious as to possibly switch people off if they think it's just about Shakespeare.

My Graphic Design skills (ironically) are not strong, so I am worried I won't be able to effectively execute this idea as it relies on the believable graphics I can add onto otherwise simple videos and idea.

I tested out a few fonts and picked two favourites, both different in the fact that one ( Bell Gothic Std) projects a more modern, clean feeling and fits the online environment more, whereas the other (Adobe Garamond Pro) is more traditional and suits the classic-ness of what Shakespeare and the theatre is. I have then put together a few formats with slight differences tested on each version.

Aspects like colour and tone will be looked at later.

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment