Thursday 27 September 2012

Presentation Feedback (Eugenie & Toby)

They liked the video diary content and idea.

Not sure about:

- why would I want to go to Shakespeare after watching these personal videos?
- the dialogue can be interchangeable.
- Shakespeare's dialogue is actually quite modern.
- keen on the idea of public contribution.

I argued this point, saying that it is only meant as a taster, to spark curiosity, to catch people who relate to it and who wants to find out more, which is where public contribution would be most effective.

Intro & Content:

- does it need an intro? Maybe just launch straight into the diary and then close with the logo packaging at the end.
- maybe it could could have an original Shakespeare sentence at the end.
- it should look like something that person in the video was able to make.
- do different tests of something more lo-fi, just explain why it is the way it is.

I understand where they are coming from with this point. Perhaps there can be more content in the videos that is related back to Shakespeare (not just the name of the character that's shown). I am happy to do more tests of this and also the intro production methods and looks. Only thing is is that if the branding style of 'Bards Talk' is changed then my idea changes as well, my final submission content is still unclear to me.

Graphic Style:

- the graphics you use have to relate to the informality of the video/ presentation of Shakespeare. It's an independent thing, it should be a concept of what Shakespeare should be like.
- make the idea follow through.
- if you are uncomfortable with graphics then just have the videos WITHOUT graphics.

This was a bit babbly to me. If logo/graphic design isn't my strong point, saying things like "it should be a concept of what Shakespeare should be like" is confusing! Although, I think it is a continuation from the points above.

Misc:

- talk to the people at the Globe theatre.
- the website does not need to be designed, it doesn't seem necessary, the videos are the content.
- come across with your point of view, what do YOU prefer?

I already tried approaching the Globe and they were stubbornly silent. What do I prefer? Probably as much use of video as possible. I can get the people to do something extra to close the vid off (based on results of my tests), though relying on further help from the same people will be VERY difficult. So maybe like suggested, try working with simple graphics to fit with the videos.

I can possibly see the idea of the whole website etc dropping away. Maybe it works through information within the videos themselves, and then encouraging comments and further contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment