Sunday 9 September 2012

Juliet Diary with Projection?

I tried using After Effects to overlay the diary piece on top of the same character/actor/me, to make it look like it was being projected over.

I don't know the real point to projecting over the character. I guess I just wanted to see if there was someway I could implement the materials I wanted to start using at the beginning of this project. I guess if I was to use professional actors like I should do, it would be a whole lot less cringe-worthy for starters, and I could project them talking onto them in normal public places. This would then be edited into little film shorts for each character, rather than the emphasis being on just the projections themselves in public, as the location issue for this wasn't resolved.

None of this brings to life the theatre though, in fact the whole ethos of the project has changed and lost much of its original content and potential. It seems to be purely about modernising Shakespeare now, using media that the younger generation are literate with, and joining an existing cause which loads of students and people have already clocked on to. So not very original basically.


No comments:

Post a Comment